Sunday, March 21, 2010

Village Idiot- Gutter (1997)


















If I recall correctly, pop punk wasn’t exactly the prevalent subgenre within said community in Windsor circa ‘97. Most of the punk coming out of the Coach, the Spotted Dog, and Acapulco Delight was closer to UK street punk and Oi in sound. Village Idiot was one of the exceptions, having more in common with All, Bad Religion, Descendents, and early Fat Wreck Chords bands. Tight musicianship and solid songwriting from a hardworking band that crisscrossed the country and even played the legendary CBGB’s.

Related: the Dickheads, Klingons, From the Room, Another Joe, Orphan Choir.

Download.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Jim!

    Someone broke into my car and took ALL my CD's. Of which several were Windsor bands CD's. I'm trying to download Gutter by Village Idiot, but the link sends me to a page that says the file is deleted. Any ideas on where I can find the CD or if the file can be reposted? Thanks a ton mate,

    Andy Shaw

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a copy of the CD. Old friend of the band. Email me at bigsteve7@gmail.com

      Delete